Students will learn simple lifesaving skills, such as who to call and what to do in an emergency. Students will be encouraged to learn their own address and telephone number. Stranger Awareness Drills are taught, so children learn how to react in different situations. How to avoid conflict, when to shout for attention and help, learning how to be aware of their surroundings and any danger. This could be a life-saving skill.
- Name 4 emergency services? Fire brigade, Ambulance, Police, Coast Guard
- What colours help us remember the 4 services? police – blue; fire – red; ambulance – green; coast guard – yellow
- What is your telephone number?
- What is your address?
- What should you do if your clothes catch fire? Stop, drop and roll!
- What number should you dial to get emergency services? 999
- What must you never do when near water especially a swimming pool? Don’t run, you might slip
- What should you do if you find a coloured pill that might be a sweet? Leave it and tell a grown up
- What should you do if you find a drink? Leave it and tell a grown up
- Never make hoax or prank (joke) calls!
- What would you do if you found some matches or a lighter? Give to a grown up
- What does a smoke alarm do? Makes a loud noise to warn us of fire
- What things could be dangerous in the kitchen? Cooker, pan of hot water, Iron – all could burn. sharp Knives, etc etc
- What is the job of the Police? To keep us safe
- Who is a stranger? Anyone you don’t know
What to do if your clothes are on fire!